Tuesday 22 March 2011

Exploring Movement Within Snapshots - Nicholas Archer




This is some of the artist research I have done for my exam "Snapshot". Continuing with the idea of exploring how to capture movement, I conducted some research on the artist Nicholas Archer, who's work has a photo like quality as if he has just taken the image using a camera.  The subjects of his work frequently appear blurred to show the movement within the image. To document his work I created a small book, made from cardboard and held together with string, inside featuring examples of his work and my analysis of his technique. Inspired by the work that he has done I created an A2 piece in soft pastel from a photograph taken on a family holiday. I chose to do this image as there is a lot of movement within the picture and I wanted to capture the splashing water, again I feel the choice of medium is effective in blurring the image and giving the impression of movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment